I have compiled a list of facilities that have worked on the Coach and the Workhorse since my purchase.
RV Repair Facilities (Coach)
- Bretz RV, Missoula, MT – I was directed by Grand Designs to go here for warranty work because they sell their fifth wheels. This is a huge dealer. I went here several times and was for the most part disappointed with the service and accounting follow up with refunds. I have seen many highly recommend this dealer, but I found with repairs or warranty work, they take your unit, park it and it stays for weeks.
- Some of their employees went the extra mile for me, but that was rare. They do have a free dump here that I have used a number of times and the repairs I had done were satisfactory.
- Three Stars
- Mike Thompson’s RV, Colton, CA – I bought my first and only fifth wheel here so I don’t have much to compare. I feel they did an adequate job. They were pleasant and I feel I got a decent deal, nothing special. I did feel rushed when I took delivery and during my PDI. I also found several mistakes when signing the final documents, that they corrected before I signed.
- The only service I have had done was the installation of the hitch in my Ram 2500. They did a good job on it and a very clean install. I haven’t been back since I moved to Montana and travel full time.
- Three Stars
- Orangewood RV, Surprise, AZ – I have gone to Orangewood a number of times, mostly warranty repairs. It’s about a ninety mile round trip from the Mesa, Az area where I Winter so it’s not very convenient for me. They have a great attitude and take time explaining the process. The prices seem to be reasonable.
- If I were buying an RV, I would definitely check them out. I saw some good advertised prices on Grand Design units there.
- I have since returned here for maintenance items for suspension, wheel bearings and brakes.
- Five Stars
- Augusta RV, Evans, GA – I visited here for wheel bearing maintenance and Brakes. I also asked them to service my AC. They were reasonable, did a great job and quick, only a couple of hours with my appointment. When I returned they were pulling my trailer for a test drive. to check the brakes. Five Stars
- The RV Doctor, Apache Junction, AZ – Mobile repair. Recommended to me by an RV park several years ago. I used his service at my location for a Kant Leak plumbing valve replacement and an Atwood Furnace repair. He did a great job on both. He charges $75 for the visit, then $100 per hour plus any parts. A pretty standard charge today. – Five Stars
Truck Repair Facilities (Workhorse)
- ADS – Automotive Diagnostic Services, Chandler, Az – I been taking my 2013 Ram 2500 4×4 with a Cummings Deisel 6.7 here since it was new in 2014. I found out about ADS through my son and daughter-in-law well before that. It’s my go to pace when in the Phoenix, Arizona area. I think their prices are in line and as a customer you’re treated with respect. I’ve had them actually take me in the work area to show me something under the Workhouse to be aware of, but doesn’t need repairing now. They’re not out to gouge your pocketbook, just concerned for your vehicle and it’s safety features. – Five Stars