I was supposed to hitch up the Coach and pull her over to On The Road Again RV repair. Well, that’s not happening today. Unfortunately, I’m still waiting on the snow melt.
After the storm we had on New Year’s day, the temperatures just haven’t got above the freezing point enough to melt the snow and ice. While the city of Payson has relatively dry streets now, the campground has many trees and a steep, now ice covered road leading out. Meanwhile On The Road Again waits for me to bring the Coach. All of the parts are in for the Rubber Roof replacement, I just need to get the Coach over to the facility. I might add here that they have been very patient and accommodating.
Why can’t I just hook up the Coach and just drag her out?
I’ve asked myself this question. Maybe I could? Getting the Workhorse out of the campground is no problem. It will never cease to amaze me how he climbs through almost every challenge. Just drop it into four-wheel drive and it seems solid going up the icy road and out onto the main street.
On the other hand, the Coach is five tons of dead weight on four wheels being pulled up that hill on a snow-covered, icy road. I’m just not willing to take the chance of blocking the only exit for the campground. I am comfortable here in my warm home, looking out the window at the melting snow. Occasionally going for a walk, stopping for Jagger to frolic in the soft along the trail.
Stuck in Payson snow.
Safe Travels…Gary and Jagger
- Dates: January 3, 2019
- In The Saddle: 0 Miles, 0 minutes
- Camp: Payson Campground RV Resort
- More Photos: Payson Camping Snow
Categories: Arizona, Maintenance
ALWAYS make the safer of 2 choices. Staying put while the roads clear is a wise move.
I definitely agree with you Candace. This isn’t a race but any means ?
Better safe than sorry. If the coach were to start sliding you would be powerless over the outcome ?
That was my thinking Sydney. I’ve been on Ice in a car sliding helplessly, I can’t image what it would be like with my home.
But you DID make it out!! And escaped the snow to Chandler for a few days and over to Queen Valley to visit with me!! Just think, in a few more weeks we will be boondocking again in Ehrenberg!! And we know it won’t snow there!!
You gave it away ? posts always still to be a little behind, or a lot at times. Enjoyed the visit, see you again soon in a much warmer place.